- Trying To Find A Charge At An Off-Grid Expo 13. 09. 2022.What do you do when you a have a lot of travelling to do and limited access to power? You ask your mates for a hand. In the Aussie tradition of mate ship, I reached out and was offered a top-up, but it didn’t work. Tess was attending the Goomeri Off Grid Expo, and to […]David Waterworth
- AEVA Presents Electric Vehicles in Australia’s Capital 29. 08. 2022.The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) played host to the Australian Electric Vehicles Association’s (AEVA) annual conference earlier this month. Running from August 5 through to 7 and incorporating a conference with gala dinner and 2 days of exhibitions, the event was designed to provide knowledge on current and emerging electric vehicles in the market. Patrons […]David Waterworth
- Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Pivots to EVs 28. 06. 2022.The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland ran its annual Motorfest day on the 19th June. Sadly, it was the same date as the Noosa EV Expo and I was unable to attend. Many of my friends did and they have graciously allowed me to use their comments. RACQ Events Manager Tamara Van Der Walt said […]David Waterworth
- Repowering Gladstone 16. 06. 2022.Gladstone Ecofest, with the motto Repowering Gladstone, has a history of promoting environmental issues, but also difficulty attracting electric vehicles to the event. Locals seem reluctant to display their Teslas (yes, there are some in this huge coal export hub). The fact that the event is sponsored by major energy companies firmly committed to fossil […]David Waterworth
- Opinion: US Regulators Need To Stop Trying To Silence Elon Musk 07. 04. 2022.US regulators need to stop attempting to silence Elon Musk. TechCrunch recently reported that US securities regulators said that they have the authority to subpoena the Tesla CEO about his tweets and are pressuring a federal judge to not let Elon “get away with tweeting with abandon.” Earlier this year, Elon Musk called the actions […]Johnna Crider
- How Car Companies Bribe Journalists (Video) 07. 02. 2022.Do car companies bribe journalists, and if so, how exactly do they do this? In a video by Sam Alexander shared on YouTube titled “How Car Companies Bribe Journalists,” Sam addressed the legal ways that car companies such as Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, Volkswagen, and others are able to bribe journalists for positive coverage. Sam […]Johnna Crider
- Biden Admin Willing To Get Help From Tesla On Auto Chip Shortage 05. 02. 2022.President Biden is ready to “say Tesla” on the condition that Tesla helps to solve the semiconductor supply chain crisis. More specifically, President Biden wants to know how Tesla did so well while the so-called EV leaders as well as other automakers and manufacturers have been struggling. This sounds like one of those fake “I’ll […]Johnna Crider
- Don’t Feed the Dingoes, Beware of the Wild Dogs 05. 02. 2022.These are the signs that met us as we started our wedding anniversary stay at Rice’s cabins in the Bunya Mountains. The dingo notice was on the fridge in the cabin, the wild dog notice was at the beginning of the nature walks in the national park. Although we saw (and photographed) lots of wallabies, […]David Waterworth
- 83.7% Of Cars Sold In Norway In January 2022 Were EVs 05. 02. 2022.The Norway auto market in January 2022 saw more EV sales and fewer gas car, diesel car, and hybrid EV sales yet again, OFV reported in its recent analysis of Norwegian January car sales. CleanTechnica also published a report and original charts on these results. In total, there were 7,957 new passenger cars registered in […]Johnna Crider
- What Would Happen If Biden Acknowledged Tesla? 05. 02. 2022.What would happen if President Biden actually acknowledged Tesla’s EV leadership? I think it would be a good thing not just for Tesla, but for all other automakers. For me, it’s about trust and integrity. However, some may not agree with me and that’s okay. I saw a post in Reddit today that shared the […]Johnna Crider
- Global Passenger xEV Battery Market In 2022: 488.3 GWh (Up 70%) 28. 03. 2023.Three battery manufacturers dominated the market: CATL, LGES and BYD.
- NHTSA Probes Tesla Model X After Complaints Of Seat Belt Detachment 28. 03. 2023.Two Tesla Model X owners described an issue with the front seat belts' allegedly faulty anchor and tensioning system.
- Watch Tesla's Full Self-Driving Beta V11 Avoid Various Obstacles 28. 03. 2023.What happens when you send a Tesla Model S with FSD beta head-on toward a moving pickup truck?
- Tesla Cybertruck Corners Like A Champ, Musk Says It May Top Model Y 28. 03. 2023.Elon Musk replied to a video showing the Cybertruck's rear-wheel steering in action with a tweet that will cause a lot of debate.
- Rivian Moving Staff To Illinois Factory To Ramp Up Production: Report 28. 03. 2023.Rivian missed its 2022 production goal and recently forecasted its 2023 production to fall below the consensus of analysts.
- Independent Test Lab Verified Amprius' 500 Wh/kg Battery Cell 28. 03. 2023.It stores twice the energy of a comparable, commercially available lithium-ion cell.
- Tesla Referral Program Back With An End-Of-Quarter Surprise In Europe 28. 03. 2023.Tesla is offering enticing awards for all referrals, but they skyrocket for deliveries that happen ahead of the end of Q1 2023.
- Tesla Mostly Debt-Free After 20 Years, Sets New Precedent For Industry 28. 03. 2023.Tesla has proven automakers don't need to carry a ton of debt to be successful. Will others follow suit or wait to be bailed out?
- 2023 Tesla Model S/X Deliveries Begin In Mainland China 28. 03. 2023.The carmaker’s flagship models are imported from California.
- German E-Bike Specialist Bergamont Presents E-Sweep Model Range 28. 03. 2023.The E-Sweep Tour and Sport offer urban utility in a performance-focused package.
- Genesis Announces EV Sales Expansion Into More US States 28. 03. 2023.Genesis (Hyundai’s luxury brand, which is great because the normal Hyundais have increased in quality tremendously over the years) had several interesting announcements this month. We’ve already discussed two ways that it is working to increase EV sales (which I’ll recap below), but there’s one more thing it’s doing that’s putting the icing on that […]Jennifer Sensiba
- Oil Tankers Already Sailing Into The Sunset Of Peak Oil Demand 28. 03. 2023.The number of new VLCCs to be delivered in 2024? Zero. The number to be delivered in 2025? One.Michael Barnard
- ABB & Formula E Go To Brazil (Video) 28. 03. 2023.Promoting renewable energy in the Global South is essential, and for several important reasons. First, countries in the Global South are often highly reliant on fossil fuels for energy production, which contributes significantly to greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants that have harmful environmental and health impacts. By shifting to renewable sources of energy, such […]Jennifer Sensiba
- Research Team Supports Isostatic Pressing For Solid-State Battery Manufacturing 28. 03. 2023.Following months of promising test results, battery researchers at the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory are recommending that the solid-state battery industry focus on a technique known as isostatic pressing as it looks to commercialize next-generation batteries. Commercial-scale production of solid-state batteries is a goal for electric vehicle manufacturers because these batteries have […]U.S. Department of Energy
- Kenya’s Energy Regulator Approves New e-Mobility Specific Electricity Tariffs & New Time of Use Tariffs 28. 03. 2023.Kenya Power Lighting Company PLC (Kenya Power) recently submitted an application for a tariff review to Kenya’s energy regulator EPRA. One thing that stood out in Kenya Power’s initial application for me was a proposed special tariff for electric mobility. As a key stakeholder in the e-mobility ecosystem, Kenya Power has been very active in […]Remeredzai Joseph Kuhudzai